25.7.08

Learning Geography

Geography is not my strong point. But I do love maps- I was so excited when the MAPS exhibit was at the Field Museum! I stayed in the exhibit for about 2 hours, much to the annoyance of my younger brother, who wanted to check out the dinosaur exhibit.

My geography education was really bad. Hell, I barely remember ever getting past the Reconstruction in any of my history classes. I've been consciously trying to make myself learn more about the world outside the United States in order to be, you know, a better person. It's really sad that I can figure out a Middle Eastern map because of how many wars we've had there in my lifetime, but can't figure out the rest of Asia and Africa.

Here's what I've been using to learn:

Click and drag maps.
Name 53 countries in Africa in 10 Minutes (Thanks to oriecat!)
Click and drag map of the Middle East (Thanks happycarrot!)

...and since we're already having fun learning, why don't you give people free rice while working on your vocabulary, and learn a bit more about history?

No comments: